Wonder Paint, Inc. (WPI), warrants to a residential or commercial building Owner or to a Contractor acting as agent on behalf of the Owner (collectively, the “Owner”) for the twenty-five (25) year Limited Warranty period described below, for exterior application, that the exposed surface of the WonderPaint™ will remain free of visible surface mold growth, cracking, peeling or fading when applied in strict accordance with material preparation and application guidelines located on the WonderPaint™ data sheet and the additional requirements of this Warranty. The Owner should obtain a current copy of this data sheet by contacting WPI at the address listed below. In addition, this Limited Warranty will apply only when the WonderPaint™ is applied by a professional licensed and/or certified contractor in accordance with the additional requirements of this Limited Warranty.
For any valid claim presented under this Limited Warranty, WPI will, at its option, (i) provide enough additional WonderPaint™ to recoat the non-conforming material, or (ii) refund the original cost of the WonderPaint™, excluding the labor costs for application. This replacement remedy or refund is the sole and exclusive remedy of the Owner, or any third party, against WPI.
To qualify for this warranty, all of the following requirements must be met:
- The substrate for application must be free of all dirt, debris, mold or other materials that will impede bonding of WonderPaint™ to the substrate surface.
- The substrate must be dry and cleaned to ensure a proper bond of WonderPaint™ to the substrate. If mold or mildew contamination exists on the substrate, it must be cleaned free of the contaminant prior to WonderPaint™ coating application.
- All surfaces must be first prepared or primed (where applicable) as recommended on the WonderPaint™ coating application guidelines found on the WonderPaint™ data sheet obtained from WPI.
- For this Limited Warranty to be valid, the dry film thickness of the applied coating must be at least 8 mils at any point and over all areas of the substrate, and must not exceed the maximum recommended application rate of 320 square feet per gallon.
This Limited Warranty does not cover, and WPI will have no liability for, any damage or failure of the coating caused by, or due to, any of the following:
- Lightning, earthquakes, windstorm, hurricane, tornado, hail, fire, flood or other major natural events or acts of nature.
- Settlement, movement, warpage, distortion, or any other failure of the substrate to which the coating is applied.
- Cracks, breaks, or openings in the substrate to which the coating is applied.
- Surface alterations, including painting, on the finished coating surface, and/or tinting of the coating.
- Penetration, vandalism, damage, water pipe rupture or attack caused by third parties or by any foreign objects or agents, including but not limited to, rocks, chemicals, or animals.
- Mold growth on material or debris that has accumulated on the coating surface.
- Application of the coating at coverage rates greater than the recommended rate for the specific substrate, or thinning of the coating.
- Applications in industrial or commercial manufacturing and processing facilities on exposed surfaces that are subjected to continually high moisture levels and/or exposed surfaces that are subjected to routine maintenance such as cleaning and scrubbing of the coating surface.
- Surface dirt accumulation.
For a claim to be considered valid by WPI, the following conditions must be met: The Owner must notify WPI within thirty (30) days of the discovery of the alleged defect in the coating covered by this Limited Warranty. Owner must provide WPI with a reasonable opportunity to review and investigate the alleged defect. Owner will use best efforts to retain and provide a copy of this Limited Warranty to WPI when making a Limited Warranty claim. The date of application and batch number(s) used for the application must be reasonably ascertainable to WPI’s satisfaction.
This Limited Warranty is in place of all other warranties, express or implied. WPI expressly disclaims any other warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Although WPI may have suggested the coating for an application, it is the sole responsibility of the Owner or Owner’s contractor to determine the suitability of the material for the intended use and purpose. The Owner or Owner’s contractor retain the sole responsibility to determine the suitability of the material for its intended use and purpose, and assume all risk and liability whatsoever regarding such suitability. The remedy stated in this Limited Warranty takes the place of all other remedies against WPI, and is the only remedy against WPI available to the Owner or to any other party related to the purchase and use of WonderPaint™. In no event will WPI be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages (including but not limited to lost profits, lost sales, injury to person or property, or other damages) arising out of the sale or use of the WonderPaint™, or for any use or misuse of the WonderPaint™, regardless of the legal theory claimed, whether in tort or otherwise.
This Limited Warranty completely replaces and supersedes any prior and/or written warranties, agreements or representations relative to the WonderPaint™ or to the application of WonderPaint™. No one other than the general manager of WPI is authorized to change this Limited Warranty or any of its provisions.
You are required to fill out this WonderPaint™ Warranty Registration Form completely to register your WonderPaint project.